I told her what I wanted on the list. I spelled most of the items for her out loud, but she did a couple of the things she knew, like milk and eggs. And she wanted to do a lot of sounding out on her own. As in: B-A-S?? But I thought it would have a Z. BASIL sounds like it has a Z. I loved the letters Henry used in the work you shared, by the way. I think it is fascinating to see how kids sound out words with consonants (I guess vowels are really tricky) - it's like a way of hearing language that is almost lost to me.
So cool! Her writing is so good! Henry is getting better at sounding out so quickly. Tonight he wrote on his chalkboard: DAD CMING ON -- and then ran out of room-- he was trying to say Daddy's coming back on the 4th day. It is so amazing to see this language process happen! Today was the first day he really put the vowels in.
3 comments:
Tell the story of this list! Did she copy your list? Write down the items as you dictated them? Come up with the list on her own?
I told her what I wanted on the list. I spelled most of the items for her out loud, but she did a couple of the things she knew, like milk and eggs. And she wanted to do a lot of sounding out on her own. As in: B-A-S?? But I thought it would have a Z. BASIL sounds like it has a Z.
I loved the letters Henry used in the work you shared, by the way. I think it is fascinating to see how kids sound out words with consonants (I guess vowels are really tricky) - it's like a way of hearing language that is almost lost to me.
So cool! Her writing is so good! Henry is getting better at sounding out so quickly. Tonight he wrote on his chalkboard: DAD CMING ON -- and then ran out of room-- he was trying to say Daddy's coming back on the 4th day. It is so amazing to see this language process happen! Today was the first day he really put the vowels in.
Post a Comment