We talked and talked in Henry's room after bedtime. And Henry kept turning on the light and getting out toys. And we would play with them, and then turn out the light, and then he would turn on the light AGAIN!
And at Henry's house at the sleepover we were fighting again about how old we were, because he is 58 months and I'm 61 months old. But the truth is that Henry is a little bit taller, and I'm a little bit older.
We played with legos and cars.
Henry's clock turns green when it's 6 in the morning, and we looked, and it said 5:01. And we couldn't believe it was almost morning!
You know Mama, we talked all night long. We actually did.
(For more on this momentous event - from the parent perspective - see Amelia's blog.)
1 comment:
I love the summer feeling that comes through these posts. We're about to head to Tahoe tomorrow to be with Tom's Hong Kong family who've arrived in advance of Anne's wedding on 7/31. So hopefully we'll get a taste of summer too (although of the drier, eculyptus tree west coast variety). All the talk here in Santa Monica is of the "marine layer"--a new phrase in my vocabulary.
BTW, yours is the only blog I follow, but I just learned about this one: http://www.dinneralovestory.com/. Looks like food I actually like! Finally, for some of the most idyllic and beautiful children, farm, late afternoon sunlight, swimming, summer gala photos ever, check out Emily Topper's sister's profile on FB. She has a photo album of her upstate NY sheep farm summer w/ her 2 adorable ~10 year old daughters. Its like Anne of Green Gables & Little House all rolled into one! I just posted them to my profile -- something I didn't know I could do until 1 min. ago. Lots of love, H
Post a Comment