Wednesday, August 11, 2010

dress up heaven

A new friend offered us many bags of beautiful hand-me-down dress up clothes today. I guess her fifteen year old daughter has outgrown the fur hat, the leopard gloves, the tutus...but if she is anything like me, she'll grow right back into them, eventually. So Diana, if you are ever missing that gauzy red scarf, you know just where to find it.
 Coco Chanel heading off to a luau, trying to decide which purse to bring.
La Duena, very solemn in her mantilla. Off to mass?

This mysterious person came into the kitchen while I was making dinner and freaked Gabriel out. She told us to follow her to her lair and refused to answer any questions about whether or not she was a witch.
An Afghan princess? An Eastern European songstress?

What an awesome gift. It will be hard to part with all the fancy clothes when we leave for Vermont Friday morning. I'll be away from computers for well over a week, so this will be my last post for a bit.

Stay cool and happy as August marches us all towards new beginnings. I send my love to you, dear readers!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! You better keep your eye on all those dress-up items. I might just sneek a few into my costume stash. How fun.

Amelia Rauser said...

Outstanding! Have a great trip. xoxo

Christen said...

Oh dress up.....you have inspired me to get my hands on some new fabulous finds for the boys! Hope you are enjoying VT!! xoxo