Monday, June 7, 2010

life takes over

Such a week we've had. The past few days have included the purchase of a 1995 Toyota Camry station wagon* (two trips to Virginia, one trip to the Virginia DMV, two trips to the Maryland MVA, two trips to the mechanic), truck rental to haul some lovely furniture gifts to our home, and a plumbing disaster that resulted in a flooded downstairs. Ick. A neighbor's wet vac, a rug cleaner from Safeway, a few calls to the home insurance man, a few stressed out spats and a fast and loose packing job, and finally here we are in cool, comfortable Delaware visiting Mike's parents.

Did I mention Frances also had her last day of preschool EVER?

These are some of the reasons I've been quiet of late. And now I'm preparing to go away on a training retreat for my job at Listening Hearts. For an entire week! What will become of me? I started out worrying about the kids, but now I am facing up to the fact that I am the one who will probably fall apart.

When I get back I expect I'll have to spend a few days with my nose buried in my kids' bellies. So you may not be hearing from me for a little while. But I'll be back!

Love to all of you. Enjoy these summery days.



*It's beautiful. I love it. I want to take each and every one of my readers for a spin. And I could, all at the same time, because it is huge! No fighting over who gets to ride in the backety-back though, okay?

1 comment:

Amelia Rauser said...

Oh dear! Sorry to hear about all the drama, but I'm glad the wagon is living up to expectations. ENJOY your week: sleep, read, think deep thoughts, and most importantly, lose track of time. Your family will be having a lovely time doing things a bit differently without you, and then you'll all have a joyful reunion. What could be better?